The main principal of this blog is to evaluate the pros and cons to suffering of a Pcod victim in a positive sarcastic new way and elaborate on ways to over come them.
1.A mature vagina is required.
*Sorry to all the biological specimen of male society as this does not apply to you. But do feel free to continue reading as it will be enlightening read*.
3. Emotional turmoil
4 . Possibly depression
5. Genetic trait so thank your parents for this rare genetic heritage that you have been gifted to suffer with
6. Lack of sleep from all the impossible modern problems
7. Hormonal imbalance as your hormones are high on stress
What is PCOD
PCOD- Polycystic ovarian disease or syndrome.
A hormonal disorder causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges. Basically regular periods.It occurs one in ten women. Heads up at least you are medically unique women!
Affect women of age 15-44
If you are diagnosed than you are unfortunately God’s favourite and your body is against mother nature in every possible way.
It is a combination of many forces . Such as stress, genetic and environmental factors.
- Be happy as you don’t have to suffer from regular period headache every month
- Blessed with a characteristic of a women’s body with the privileges of a teenage boy thanks to high levels of male hormones.
1 Deepening of voice
2 Excessive facial hair so be prepared for bullies and nasty comments thrown at you.
3. Chances of hair growth on breasts, face and back
- Getting pregnant : chances are less so you are basically a human version of conceptive device so say hello to a complication free sex life.
- No need to worry about stocking up with sanitary pads and tampons as your period will always be a unexpected bloody surprise.
- irregular menstruation cycles on which you have no control on what so ever as your ovaries have a attitude of their own.
- Hirsutism-The excessive facial hair growth can become a nightmare to students as they usually become free bait for bullies.
- Possibly a sterile condition
- More prone to diabetes
- Heavy painful bleeding that will make you wish you were not a girl
- insulin resistance is a heavy cause for weight gain and losing weight is twice as hard for these girls
- declining confidence levels, a negative body image,
- mood swings
- forced to avoid your favourite sugary foods
- higher inflammation levels in body due to increased androgen levels in the body
- darkening of skin around groin, underneath breasts and neck
Affects on body
3. sleep apnea
4.Higher risk on endometrial cancer
THERE IS NO CURE TO PCOD BUT CAN BE CONTROLED WITH LIFESTYLE HABITS
Diet and Lifestyle tips
losing 5-10 % of weight of body
healthy diet- yes no to chocolates, ice creams, pizza and fast food
medicine for hair removal or laser hair removal
The most tortious thing is to have a control over your emotions as being women we are emotionally driven which fluctuate our hormones and even affecting our health.
I have written this as I was diagnosed with PCOD at the vulnerable age of 15 years . The online net surfing scared the hell out of me which even led me stressing more on my condition and my periods become bloody nightmare for me. I hope I made it a friendly experience for you to read.
Me being a medical student and a victim of pcod for the last 6 years and counting I leant my personal view in this blog today. Ladies please be patient with your conditions and the treatment options you are opting for.
It takes lots of stubborn efforts even to bring a minute changes. I know most people fail to understand our situations and we do need a lot of emotional reassuring and family support both financially and emotionally too.
By constant efforts it can be neutralized by age of 26-28 years. But I know your late teens and 20s are the most hectic times for educational, career wise, to social communication, to new budding relationships. These years are downed with stress and anxiety which will just add barriers to your suffering.
PCOD is a part of our life and we should respect and learn how to control it and mould it. Stress is the essence to this modern life. Everyone has to deal with it but especially us. Daily meditation or a simple stroll, listening to music or art are ways to control stress.
Its the survival of the fitted ladies. We have been gifted with the right to give births but also the privileges of knowing how it feels to live without monthly periods. Yes lets embrace it all. Our bodies are living temples and please stop hating your body and yourself in this process.
© G .V Raghavasree